Sunday, July 6, 2008

Finally getting mii-self a Wii

It took me 4 years after the PlayStation 2 first appeared to get my hands on one. But in the seventh generation console, it took me just one and a half years to achieve the same feat. A Nintendo Wii is now a permanent fixture in the house. It has been 16 years since I last saw a Nintendo logo on the TV screen, and the TV is not even mine.

Now here is the delimma. I still have so many games on the PS2 that I haven't played yet. And with the Wii looming in the background (or rather, on top of the PS2 in a strange colour combination of white on black), I am tempted to play the Wii, even though I only have a handful of games. The cut between PS1 and PS2 was so clear. Once I bought the PS2, the PS1 is thrown into storage (to be fair, it's mostly because the PS2 can play PS1 games). But I can see that the PS2 will still reign for the time being.

In all honesty, there are not that many games that I really, desparately, hungrily want to get on the Wii. Well, maybe RE4, Okami, Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Meteroid 3. But seeing that I still have so many PS2 games (mostly RPGs, that just made the matter worse due to its long game time), I will probably wait for the aforementioned games to drop in price before buying them. Afterall, I am a very patient person.

Still, I want MGS4. So it's not a matter of if, but when, the PS3 will become part of the household furniture as well. Another 4 years, I'd say.

No comments: