Thursday, August 2, 2007

Sony gets sued... again.

Yep, it's one of those days when you were happy going about your own business of trying to sell the black brick when all of a sudden, a company you probably never heard of filed a lawsuit against you.

This time, the company is Parallel Processing Corporation of Newport Beach, California. It alleged that Sony's PS3 has infringed upon its patent for "synchronized parallel processing with shared memory" that was approved on October 8, 1991.

Normally, I would have laughed at companies that get sued by another company because of patent infringement, but this time, I actually felt very angry towards PPC.

I mean, we've known about Cell chips for years before it was ever put into the PS3. Surely, if PPC knew about it, they could have ask for the royalties and whatnots then, and not wait until 5 million PS3 are in the wild, then pounce on Sony.

I am not a Sony fanboy, but this time, I'm standing behind Sony. I really hope PPC get nothing out of this. Can't people play nice any more these days?

Source: Kotaku

No comments: